- Susan E. Scanlon (YC’2010) has won the RUSSELL HENRY CHITTENDEN PRIZE which is given annually to the senior in Yale College majoring in natural sciences or mathematics who ranks the highest in scholarship. (May 2010)
- Adam Marblestone (YC’2009) has won a 2009 Hertz Foundation Fellowship. (March 2010)
- Douglass Endrizzi (YC’2010) has won the AAPT Barbara Loetz Scholarship for future high school physics teachers. (May 2009)
- Jeff Thompson (YC’2007) has won a 2009 Hertz Foundation Fellowship. Adam Marblestone (YC’2009) was a national finalist. Aaron Bray (YC’2010) and Michelle Trickey (YC’2010) received honorable mention for the Goldwater Scholarship. Adam Marblestone (YC’2009) has also been awarded a Fulbright Scholarship to Paris, France. (April 2009)
- Adam Bouldand (YC’2009) has won a Marshall Scholarship to study at Cambridge for 2 years, Yale Daily News, December 3, 2008. UK in the USA, December 2, 2008. (December 2008)
- Student Scientists Board NASA Aircraft for Weightless Experiment in Yale Bulletin Friday, September 26, 2008. Getting to zero gravity in Houston in Yale Daily News Wednesday, October 1, 2008.
- The Science Research Software Core presents: “Mathematica 6 in Teaching and Research”, Kelvin Mischo, Wolfram Research, Thursday, September 25, 2008, 2:00-4:00 pm in Sterling Chemistry Lab (SCL), room 160. (September 2008). see poster here.
- “Physics ‘n Dessert” - Study Hall for Physics 150, 180, and 200 starts this Sunday, September 7th. All enrolled in these classes are urged to attend! (September 2008). See poster here.
- Elizabeth Jerison (YC’2010) and Adam Marblestone (YC’2009) have won Goldwater Scholarships this year. (March 2008)
- Jeffery D. Thompson (YC’2007) was selected as one of the American Physical Society’s 2007 LeRoy Apker Award finalists. Along with this honor money was awarded to the the department to support undergraduate research. (September 2007)]
- Evelyn Tang (YC’2007) has won the Gates Fellowship to study at Cambridge University. (June 2007)
- Rachel Berkowitz (YC’of 2007) has won a fellowship from the BP Institute, University of Cambridge (http://www.bpi.cam.ac.uk/). (May 2007)
- Jeff Thompson (YC’2007) has won a Fulbright Grant to work at the Univeristy of Mainz in Mainz, Germany for a year before going the graduate school. (April 2007)
- Douglas Swanson (YC’2007) has won an NSF Graduate Research Fellowship and will be going to Princeton University for his graduate work. Eleanor Millman (YC’2007) won an honorable mention and will be going to Harvard University for her graduate work. Congratulations students! (March 2007)
- 2007 Vanderbilt prize for Undergraduate Research in Physics and Astronomy. The prize competition is open to students at all U.S. Institutions. Application deadline April 15, 2007. http://vuprize.physics.vanderbilt.edu
- The American Physical Society Scholarship for Minority Undergraduate Physics Majors. Any African-American, Hispanic-American, or Native American high school senior, college freshman or sophomore may apply for the scholarship. Application deadline February 2, 2007. http://www.aps.org/programs/minorities
- Goldwater Scholarships for Juniors and Sophomores - Deadlines: November 27 for registration on the Student Grants Database & December 1 for Application deadline, see http://www.yale.edu/iefp/fellowships/individual/goldwater.html for more information [Poster]
- Elis experience weighlessness in NASA research program in Yale Daily News, Monday, September 18, 2006.